Friday, April 17, 2009

How to Transition From a Law Job to Something More Creative

I work for a large law firm in a major east coast city. It's been eight years now and suddenly I've discovered that I am tremendously ill suited for the career that I let happen to me. I'm now in my late 30s and wish to God I made different choices along the way. Rather than wallow in self pity, however, I would like to figure out my options. Unfortunately, I'm not very good at figuring out my options which is how I found myself in this predicament. I like to think of myself as a pretty creative person especially in the field of writing. That is what I enjoy doing the most anyway. This post is my message in a bottle set adrift on the infinite cybersea. Maybe someone will see this, take pity on me and point me in the right direction. Maybe making this post will be the sentinel event which rearranges my neurons allowing me to make proper decisions in life.

If anyone has any suggestions please feel free to comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment