Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Day One - Ash Wednesday

Thank God it is Ash Wednesday. It would be easy to feel anxious about how bad it has gotten leading up to this point and how bad it might get without my usual crutches. However, I will keep in mind that the supports are distractions from the truth and as such are invisible prisons. There is truth to the statement "The truth will set you free." Conversely, the non-truth will imprison you. So let the truth begin. The second component to this is to approach the truth with a non judgemental attitude. Being judgemental adds a second layer to perception. It is one step removed from actual experience. I find that these additional steps bring forth anxiety which is probably the most powerful distraction next to severe pain. So, I will now wake up and open my eyes and see what there is to see without judgement. It is what it is and I will let it be that way.

-- GJC

No comments:

Post a Comment